NIFTY 50 Stock List: The NIFTY 50 index is India’s premier stock index. Launched on April 1, 1996, it’s computed using the free-float market capitalization method. Nifty 50 is used as a benchmark for many MF schemes. One can invest in Nifty 50 through index funds and ETFs. Investing in Nifty 50 provides the benefits of diversification within the largest companies in India and returns in line with the economic growth.
The NIFTY 50 is a stock market index comprising 50 diversified stocks of Indian companies for the Indian equity market. This index, owned and managed by the Indian Index Services and Products Limited (IISL), accounts for 12 sectors of the Indian economy. The index is calculated using free float market capitalisation method. NIFTY 50 Stock List 2022 PDF can be downloaded from link given at bottom of this page.
Nifty 50 Stock List 2022 Weightage and Sector Wise
Nifty 50 Companies List 2022 with their weightage and sector is given below.
|Company Name||Stock Symbol||Weightage||Sector|
|Reliance Industries Ltd.||RELIANCE||10.56%||Petroleum Products|
|HDFC Bank Ltd.||HDFCBANK||8.87%||Banks|
|Housing Development Fin. Corp. Ltd.||HDFC||6.55%||Finance|
|ICICI Bank Ltd.||ICICIBANK||6.72%||Banks|
|Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.||TCS||4.96%||Software|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||KOTAKBANK||3.91%||Banks|
|Hindustan Unilever Ltd.||HINDUNILVR||2.81 %||Consumer Non Durables|
|Axis Bank Ltd.||AXIS BANK||2.29%||Banks|
|Larsen and Toubro Ltd.||LT||2.89%||Construction Project|
|ITC Ltd.||ITC||2.6%||Consumer Non Durables|
|State Bank of India||SBIN||2.4%||Banks|
|Bajaj Finance Ltd.||BAJFINANCE||2.52%||Finance|
|Asian Paints Limited||ASIAN PAINT||1.92%||Consumer Non Durables|
|Bharti Airtel Ltd.||BHARTIARTL||2.33%||Telecom – Services|
|HCL Technologies Ltd.||HCLTECH||1.68%||Software|
|Maruti Suzuki India Limited||MARUTI||1.27%||Auto|
|Tata Steel Ltd.||TATASTEEL||1.14%||Ferrous Metals|
|UltraTech Cement Limited||ULTRACEMCO||1.16%||Cement & Cement Products|
|Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.||M&M||1.09%||Auto|
|Bajaj Finserv Ltd.||BAJAJFINSV||1.42%||Insurance|
|Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.||SUNPHARMA||1.1%||Pharmaceuticals|
|Titan Company Ltd.||TITAN||1.35%||Consumer Durables|
|Tech Mahindra Ltd.||TECHM||1.3%||Software|
|Dr Reddys Laboratories Ltd.||DRREDDY||0.77%||Pharmaceuticals|
|JSW Steel Ltd.||JSWSTEEL||0.82%||Ferrous Metals|
|Nestle India Ltd.||NESTLEIND||0.93%||Consumer Non Durables|
|Indusind Bank Ltd.||INDUSINDBK||0.7%||Banks|
|Tata Motors Ltd.||TATAMOTORS||1.12%||Auto|
|Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.||POWERGRID||0.96%||Power|
|Grasim Industries Ltd.||GRASIM||0.86%||Cement & Cement Products|
|HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited||HDFCLIFE||0.86%||Insurance|
|Divis Laboratories Ltd.||DIVISLAB||0.85%||Pharmaceuticals|
|Hindalco Industries Ltd.||HINDALCO||0.82%||Non – Ferrous Metals|
|Bajaj Auto Limited||BAJAJ-AUTO||0.57%||Auto|
|Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone||ADANIPORTS||0.68%||Transportation|
|Tata Consumer Products Limited||TATACONSUM||0.63%||Consumer Non Durables|
|SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd.||SBILIFE||0.69%||Insurance|
|Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.||BPCL||0.48%||Petroleum Products|
|Britannia Industries Ltd.||BRITANNIA||0.57%||Consumer Non Durables|
|Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.||ONGC||0.7%||Oil|
|Eicher Motors Ltd.||EICHERMOT||0.45%||Auto|
|Hero MotoCorp Ltd.||HEROMOTOCO||0.43%||Auto|
|Shree Cement Ltd.||SHREECEM||0.47%||Cement & Cement Products|
|Coal India Ltd.||COALINDIA||0.43%||Minerals/Mining|
|Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.||IOC||041%||Petroleum Products|
Eligibility Criteria for Nifty 50 Stock List
As per the NIFTY 50 index methodology published by the IISL, the eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled by a company to become a part of the index are as follows:
- The company must be based in India and listed on the National Stock Exchange.
- In order to be included in the NIFTY 50 index, the stock must be available for trading in the NSE’s Futures & Options segment and must be a part of NIFTY 100.
- Equity securities with Differential Voting Rights (DVR) are eligible to be a part of the index, provided they fulfil certain requirements.
- The stock under consideration must have traded at an average impact cost of 0.50% or less, over the course of last six months for 90% of the observations. Impact cost is nothing but the cost incurred by the buyer or seller while executing a transaction of a given security, with a pre-defined order size.
- The company’s trading frequency must be 100% for the previous six months.
- The average free float market capitalisation of the company must be at least 1.5 times the average free float market capitalisation of the smallest constituent of the NIFTY 50.
How is NIFTY 50 Calculated
- Free float market capitalisation is the market capitalisation calculated for all the shares which are publicly available for trading. It is important to remember that free float market capitalisation does not take those shares into account which are held by promoters, government, employee welfare funds, or any corporate entity. The proportion of shares which are held by the general public and are available for trading is represented by a ratio known as Investible Weight Factor (IWF).
- The base year is 1995 and the base value is 1,000. The base market capital is the market capitalisation of the company in the year 1995.
- NIFTY 50 index is calculated for the 50 stocks which are actively traded on the NSE.
- Base market capital is the aggregate market capitalisation of each stock in the index during the base period.
Free float market capitalisation = (Shares outstanding) x (Price) x (IWF)
Index Value = (Current Market Value)/(Base Market Capital) x (Base Index Value)
To understand this better, let us consider an example. For the sake of simplicity, let us assume that NIFTY comprises only two companies - X and Y.
Company X has a total of 1,000 shares of which, 300 are held by promoters while the remaining 700 are held by the general public, and are available for trading. As for the Company B, it has a total of 1,500 shares of which 1,000 are available for active trading and the remaining 500 are with promoters, governments and corporate entities.
The share price of Company X is Rs.20 and the share price of Company Y is Rs.30. The base market value of the two companies is Rs.6,000.
X’s free float market capitalisation = 700 x 20 = Rs.14,000
Y’s free float market capitalisation = 1,000 x 30 = Rs. 30,000
Total free float market cap of the two companies = Rs.44,000. Therefore, NIFTY = (44,000)/(6,000) x 1,000 = 7,333.3
NIFTY 50 Stock List 2022 PDF
Download NIFTY 50 Stock List PDF from below link.
For more details of NIFTY 50 Stock List visit https://www1.nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_watch/equities_stock_watch.htm