Grade A Jobs List in India 2022 | List of A grade government jobs in India | Group A central government jobs | 2 lakh Salary per month Job in India
Grade A Jobs List in India: Group-A is the Officer grade in government jobs. Group - A is ranked highest in terms of appointment and authority. Job seekers who are appointed into this group are officials and are employed at various managerial positions across governments which are one of the highest available jobs. In this article, we will tell you about the Grade A Jobs List in India 2022.
Grade A Jobs List in India 2022
Grade A government jobs in India are the highest paid jobs under the ambit of central govt. grade A jobs list in India is given below.
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS)
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Customs & Central Excise Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Defense Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Revenue Service (IT), Group 'A'
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Postal Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group 'A'
- Posts of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group 'A'
- Indian Defense Estates Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Information Service, (Junior Grade), Group 'A'
- Indian Trade Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group 'A'
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group 'B'
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, D D & NH Civil Service, Group 'B'
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, D D & NH Police Service, Group 'B'
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group 'B'
- Engineering Services Examination
- Geologists Examination
- Special Class Railway Apprentices Exam
- National Defense & Naval Academy
- Combined Defense Services Examination
- Combined Medical Services Examination
- Indian Economic / Statistical Service
- Stenographer Limited Departmental Competitive Exam
- Central Police Forces (Assist Commandants)
Compare Group A, B, C, D Government Jobs
Government Jobs are the most sought after career option in India for most young job seekers. Government Jobs bring you several benefits which can make you lead your life happier and prosperous. Without any doubt, government jobs are the best career choice as per the majority of job seekers. Everyone tries to get the Best Government Jobs in India for certain and assured career progression, good salary, job stability, job satisfaction, etc.
If you too are looking for a career as a government employee, the first thing that you need to do is understand your prospects. The Indian central government or the Indian State government segregates the public employees into various group rankings and further, these groups are divided into various levels.
- Group - D and C: 7th CPC Pay Levels 1 - 5
- Group - B: 7th CPC Pay Level 6-9 (Non-Gazetted)
- Group - A: 7th CPC Pay Level 10 - 12 (Gazetted)
- Group - A: 7th CPC Pay Levels 13 -14 (Senior Level)
- HAG: 7th CPC Pay Levels 15-18
Group D Employees
Group D jobs are the bottom level of the government jobs for employees in India. Previously in the 6th pay commission pay scales, these groups of employees were in the pay band of ₹5200-20200 with grade pay of ₹1800. Driver, Peon, Cleaner, Mali, Guard, Barber, Cook, etc. are some of the Group-D or Class 4 government jobs in India.
Group C Employees
Group C jobs has the largest government employee base which includes staff working at the ground level. There are mostly supportive and non-supervisory jobs and the employees in the government sector can be promoted to higher levels, Staff Selection Commission (SSC) recruits for group-C government jobs.
Individuals working at these positions do not hold any critical administrative positions. These candidates are normally get selected via the SSC (Staff Selection Commission) recruitment examinations for central government vacancies.
In the 6th pay commission, the government employees of these groups in the pay band of ₹5200 to ₹20200 with grade pay ₹1800 to ₹2800. The 7th pay Commission merged Group-C and Group-D so that they can come in the same pay band and put them in the pay level 1-5. Now Basic Pay of Group-C employees starts from ₹18000 to ₹29200.
Most of the government staff fall in this category. Clerks, Multi Tasking Staff, Stenographers, Assistants, Typist, Telephone Operators, Primary Teachers, Havildar, Constables, Assistant Sub-Inspector, Technician, Mechanic, Attendants, Lineman, Drivers, Electricians, Supervisors, Cashiers, Store Keeper, Chemist, Sanitary Inspector, etc. are some of the prominent government jobs in the group.
Group B Employees
This is the biggest executive government job type. Most of the supervisory work is done by the employees of this group. Generally, government employees of Group-B are Non-Gazetted but some of the jobs are gazetted also. The basic difference between the gazetted and non-gazetted employees of the government is that the former can authorise the issuance of official government stamps whereas, the latter cannot. The Gazetted officers have a more administrative role.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) takes recruitment examinations to recruit vacancies for these groups. However, for some posts, UPSC and state PSC also recruit. Some of the Group-B vacancies are of Gazetted nature. The authority of a Group-B gazetted officer is similar to that of a Group-A officer. In order to start one’s career as a Group-B gazetted officer, one has to clear an exam of UPSC but most of these seats are filled through promotions.
The officers in this group are appointed by the Department Heads of any government organisation. In the 6th pay commission, most of the government employees of Group-B were in the pay band of ₹9300-34800 with grade pay from ₹4200 to ₹5400/-. The 7th pay Commission has put them pay levels 6 - 9. The Basic pay of Group-B government employees has been between ₹34500 to ₹53100.
This group is the backbone of government services. Preparation and Execution of most of the government action lie on the shoulder of this group of government employees only. Sub-Inspectors, Inspector, Junior Engineers, TGT and PGT School Teachers, Programmers, Technicians, Staff Nurse, Translator, Jr. Officers, Technical Assistants, Physiotherapist, Accountants, Accounts Officer, Instructors, Section Officers, Counsellors, etc. are some of the prominent government jobs in Group-B.
Group-A Employees (Officers)
Group-A is the Officer grade in government jobs. Grade A is ranked highest in terms of appointment and authority. Job seekers who are appointed into this group are officials and are employed at various managerial positions across governments which are one of the highest available jobs.
Commissioned officers for the IAF/Navy/Army (Indian Armed Forces), AIS Officers (All India Services), Engineers, Bureaucrats, Scientists in the organisations like DRDO, ISRO, CSIR, BARC, and Central India Civil Services (IAS, IRS, IPS, IFS, IRS, IRTS) are all Grade A employees.
In the 6th pay commission, most of the government employees of Grade A were in the pay band of ₹15600-39100 grade pay ₹5400 to ₹7600 also in the pay band of ₹37400-67000 grade pay ₹8700 to ₹10000. Now 7th pay commission has put all the Grade A officers in the pay levels 10-14.
All government officers in Grade A are recruited by Public Service Commissions in India who start their career in the pay level of 10 and then get promoted to the various levels up to HAG levels if promoted. For Scientists and Faculty vacancy posts, recruitment also takes place for the pay level from 10-13.
Pay Structure PDF of Grade A Jobs List in India
Download Grade A jobs list in India NCERT and Pay structure for the various posts in NCERT from below link.