Below Poverty Line or BPL List is generated on the bases of Socio-Economic criteria by State Governments of India. Families with an annual income of below Rs. 75,000 in urban area and families with an annual income of below Rs. 60,000 and land holding not exceeding 1 Â½ acre of wet land under major or medium source of irrigation; or 2 Â½ acre of wet land of other source of irrigation or 3 acres of dry land for commercial crops; or 5 acres of dry land under other crops.
BPL families can avail advantage of various Governments Schemes from Central or State Government. Food Supplies & Consumer Welfare department provide commodities at less price to BPL Card holder families. You can check your name in BPL List 2022 online through the link provide below.The Government provides a subsidy for essential food items and commodities for BPL ration cardholders, Price and amount of commodities provided by Government is listed at the last of article.
BPL List 2022 State Wise
To Check BPL List 2022 State Wise Click the "View List" to view respective State/UT Ration Card reports.
BPL List of Union Territories
|Union Territory||Official Website||Total BPL Cards||BPL List|
|Andaman & Nicobar Island||https://www.andaman.gov.in/||92,717||View List|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu||https://www.daman.nic.in/||43,491||View List|
|Jammu & Kashmir||http://www.jkfcsca.gov.in||20,94,081||View List|
BPL Eligibility Criteria
The main Criteria of applying for BPL Card is, applicant monthly income should not exceed 6400 per month in rural area and 11,850 per month in urban area.
Urban areas: Families with an annual Income of below Rs. 75,000
Rural areas: Families with an annual Income of below Rs. 60,000
Land holding not exceeding 1 Â½ acre of wet land under major / medium source of irrigation; 2 Â½ acre of wet land of other source of irrigation; 3 acres of dry land for commercial crops; or5 acres of dry land under other crops.
Benefits of BPL Card
- Identity Proof
- Ration card servers as a multi-purpose legal document and identity proof that facilitates many essential tasks.
- Government Subsidies
- The Government provides a subsidy for essential food items and commodities for BPL ration cardholders. Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department supply food grains (rice, wheat ,sugar), Petroleum product (kerosene and LPG), to the ration card holders
- Address Proof
- The ration card serves as the legal address proof document and authenticated identity proof for the entire family since it comprises detail of all family members.
- Other Benefits
- Ration card is an essential ID proof for buying a property/land.
- Ration card is required as address proof for applying loan in the bank.
- Ration card is also required for applying Passport and PAN Card.
Price and Amount of Commodities for BPL, APL, AAY Families
|Commodity||Scales of Supply per Family per Month||Retail Prices|
|Rice for BPL Families||25 Kg per household||Rs 2 per Kg|
|Rice for APL Families||as per availability||Rs 9.30 per Kg|
|Rice for PHH Families||8 Kgs per head||Rs. 3 per Kg|
|Rice for AAY Families||35 Kgs per household||Rs. 3 per Kg|
|Rice for Non-NFSA Families||8 Kgs per household||Rs. 10-Rs.12 per Kg|
|Rice for Annapurna Families||10 Kgs per head||Free of cost|
|Kerosene Oil For all Category||9 litres per household in urban areas & 4 litres per household in rural areas.||Rs. 12.32- Rs. 12.65 per litre|
|Sugar For all category||3 Kg per month||Rs 13.50 per Kg|